Translate

Sunday 30 November 2014

Officer who shot unarmed teen resigns from Ferguson police force

Darren Wilson, the officer who shot and killed unarmed teen Michael Brown has resigned from the Ferguson Police force. Wilson resigned yesterday November 29th, 5 days after a grand jury decided not to indict him in the fatal shooting of Brown. Though he has been on administrative leave since the incident on August 9th.
ABC News obtained a copy of Wilson's letter of resignation. See it after the cut...

The letter reads:
"I, Darren Wilson, hereby resign my commission as a police officer with the City of Ferguson effective immediately. I have been told that my continued employment may put the residents and police officers of the City of Ferguson at risk, which is a circumstance that I cannot allow. For obvious reasons, I wanted to wait until the grand jury made their decision before I officially made my decision to resign. It was my hope to continue in police work, but the safety of other police officers and the community are of paramount importance to me. It is my hope that my resignation will allow the community to heal. I would like to thank all of my supporters and fellow officers throughout this process."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

StatCounter